Supported NetPhantom Platforms
NetPhantom now has support for the platforms Mac OS X and Linux,
both for the NetPhantom Client and Server. Please note that "Linux" is a very wide description, it is e.g. CentOS, Debian,
Feodora, openSuse, Red Hat, Ubuntu, etc. Also note that the Client support for Mac OS X and Linux is currently in Beta.
Both Server and Client
IA32: (not supported in NetPhantom Editor)
- The 32-bit versions of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or Windows 7/8/8.1/10.
- Linux Kernel 2.6 or newer preferred.
- Apple Mac OS X 10.6.3 Snow Leopard or newer preferred.
- The 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (R2), 2012 (R2), 2016, 2019 or Windows 7/8/8.1/10.
- Linux 64-bit Kernel 2.6 or newer preferred.
- Apple 64-bit Mac OS X 10.6.3 Snow Leopard or newer preferred.
- SUN Sparc: SUN Solaris 2.6, and better.
- Intel x86: SUN Solaris 10 or better.
- Power PC: IBM AIX.
With the use of new technologies, the requirements for Java versions are as follows.
Server and Editor:
- Application: 1.8.0, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 or 15.
- Java web start and Applet: 1.8.0, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 or 15.
- The Java Development Kit should always be used for the server, not the Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
It is preferred to use a 64-bit version of the JVM as the Server JIT compiler performs better and larger amounts of memory can be addressed.
The minimum Java version is 1.8 update 151. Java 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 are also supported, but we strongly recommend Java 11. The Editor
requires a 32-bit Java VM, otherwise we recommend using a 64-bit Java VM.